The National Family Planning Board, A Statutory Agency of the Ministry of Health is seeking to identify a motivated, results-orientated and qualified professional to fill the following vacancy:
DATABASE OFFICER (MIS IT 4)
The incumbent will report to the Director, Information & Communications Technology and assist with the implementation and maintenance of various database systems to strengthen the SRH effort of the NFPB.
- Strengthening of existing systems and in some cases, improving systems through provision of technical support
- Improved and streamlined flow of national and regional data for the NFPB/SRH response
- Improved data collection on and analysis of national responses to NFPB/SRH by:
- Improving local and inter-country capacity for standardized data collection and database management.
- Improving access to quantifiable indicators for more effective and efficient planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of national responses to NFPB/SRH
- Providing detailed, up-to-date information on the NFPB/SRH situation at country, regional and parish levels
- Strengthening national capacity to compile and generate key strategic information
- System is generically structured to help improve national programmes and thus strengthen national responses; improved information collection and subsequent analysis.
DELIVERABLES AND REPORTING:
- A national response information system with improved access to data through a centralized and standardised data storage system
- Enhanced ability of the country to monitor and evaluate its NFPB/SRH Strategic Plan and national responses and ability to store data and undertake informed analysis for regular reporting on the response.
- High quality programmes and projects at the national level due to ability of the NFPB/SRH to track successes of the national response and lessons learned
- Greater harmony of monitoring and evaluation data through greater synergy of systems
- Improved ability to report to supporters of the national response, for example, the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM), the World Bank, and PEPFAR – through use of a common monitoring and evaluation platform at national level
- Trained personnel and other relevant users
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Informatics, Health Statistics or at least three (3) years’ experience in Information Technology or Professional Certification in Database Management (knowledge of DHIS2 Database System or other web-based, open source information system would be a distinct advantage)
- Experience in MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL database systems
- Experience in Database Management
- Must have good knowledge of database design, applications and technologies
- Demonstrate ability to express complex design ideas and technical concepts
- Knowledge of software development
- Familiar with Intranet and Internet environment
- Knowledge of Windows Server System
- Knowledge of Server and Network Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Understanding of the Information element in the Health Sector
- Good Analytical and Problem solving skills
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com to the attention of the (Acting) Director, Human Resource Management and Administration no later than February 15, 2017.
We thank all candidates for responding, however, only short-listed applicants will contacted