The Executive Director
Dr. Denise Chevannes-Vogel is currently Executive Director of the National Family Planning Board, Jamaica, since September 2014.
- Programme leader; gender specialist; senior manager; HIV, sexual and reproductive health and lecturer with a significant body of experience in human rights, public health programme/project planning, development, implementation and management including in Jamaica and the Eastern Caribbean gained through direct work in local, regional and international public health and donor organisations including the Caribbean HIV&AIDS Alliance (CHAA), the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Comprehensive understanding of current and emerging HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and broad population and development priorities in the Caribbean region including adolescent and youth issues, gender-based violence and human trafficking. Special expertise in gender and human rights-based programming for vulnerable and key populations including adolescents and youth, persons living with HIV, men who have sex with men, and sex workers.
- Ph.D. (cum laude) in Epidemiology based on the empirical investigation into the influence of gender and related social autonomy on health promotion and health seeking behaviours in relation to HIV/AIDS and sexually transmitted infections in an inner-city community in Jamaica.
- Experienced in managing large, complex HIV prevention regional projects including varied aspects of programme, financial, administrative, and human resource management. Strong organizational, strategic and analytical skills in the design, development, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of HIV, sexual and reproductive health, and population and development programmes.
- Robust skills in strategic planning and policy development; building multi-sectoral partnerships and collaborative linkages in diverse and multi-cultural settings, networking and relationship building, and multi-level advocacy.
- Certified PAHO/WHO Virtual Course Tutor.
- Experienced as online tutor in PAHO/WHO virtual course on Gender and Health within a Framework of Diversity and Human Rights
- Served as Gender Focal Point in Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases of the World Health Organisation
- Skilled in operational research using both quantitative and qualitative methods. Experienced as University lecturer teaching Advanced Research Methods and Research Proposal Writing.
- Adept at leading and managing a diverse, multi-function team to produce results; also proficient at working independently.
- Advanced French.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors provide advice for the strategic direction of the organisation.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Dr. Dana Morris Dixon Chairperson
Dr. Abigail Harrison Board Member
Dr. Olivia McDonald Board Member
Mr. Ivan Cruickshank Board Member
Dr. Grace McLean Board Member
Dr. Diana Thorburn Board Member
Mrs. Violet Foster-Russell Board Member
Dr. Trudi Stewart-Gaynor Board Member
Mr. Damion Brown Board Member
Dr. Denise Chevannes Vogel Board Member